Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee not putting podcasts in correct location on iPhone

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:46 PM, bassmannate
<nathanield reynolds gmail com> wrote:

> So, I couldn't sleep last night and on a whim googled Banshee iPhone to see
> if it had been implemented yet. Quite ironic that it happened just 2 days
> ago!
>
> Everything seems to be syncing just fine with the exception of podcasts. At
> first, I didn't think they were syncing at all. Then I found a closed bug
> report saying that podcasts were going to music on iPods. So, I looked, and
> sure enough, they're under music!
>
> Anyone know about this yet? I would really like to have my podcasts listed
> under podcasts. I'll post a logfile if someone will tell me where it would
> be on Ubuntu (I can never remember these things)

Banshee 1.7.5 introduced a new AppleDevice communication which did not
yet provide Podcast support, which was added in Banshee 1.8.0. So if
the files were transferred to your iPod with Banshee 1.7.5 or 1.7.6
they received the wrong meta data information which means they only
show up under Music on your iPod. If you remove the files from your
iPod and transfer them again with Banshee 1.8.0 they should end up
correctly.

- Jensen