Re: [Banshee-List] Daniel's banshe mockups.

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Peter E Williams <pew iinet net au> wrote:
Hi Daniel and All,

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:41 +0200, dani planas armangue wrote:
> Hello, my name daniel flat and you may know me by some of my work as a
> designer in ubuntu.

I have been using ubuntu for a few months and before that I was using
Fedora 12. I have a desktop and laptop. Both triboot to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
and Ubuntu 9 with the desktop as having Lubuntu 9 and Windows XP Pro on
an external HDD.

please note that I have been unable to download security updates for
both Ubuntu 9 and 10 LTS for a week due to a dns error. My isp
iinet.net.au is looking into this. I really want to find a url for where
I can download all of the security updates for Ubuntu as an iso image.

I don't know if you've tried this or not but you may want to try changing your download source under System -> Administration -> Software Sources.  Just throwing this in here even though this is not an appropriate place for troubleshooting this issue.

> Banshee is a great program but it takes very little space on the screen
> (small and large) reorganizing some cards can get even better product. I
> hope you like

I prefer it to RythymBox Music Player and Amarok

> actual banshee:(less more space)
>
> http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7799/actualbansheedesign.jpg

That's what I am familiar with.

> my redesign interface(i not agree nothing, simply move some elements)
>
> http://img257.imageshack.us/f/img257/7056/sbansheredesign.jpg

This is an enormous improvement, in my opinion.

Is it possible to have different 'skins' e.g. interfaces... I am
ignorance as to how this is achieved.

Where can I download an install Banshee with this interface for Ubuntu 9
and 10.04 LTS ???

Short answer.. you can't. This is a mock up which means that its just an idea and doesn't exist.  It may or may not get the approval of the developers and may or may not end up in a future release, but it is not available now at all.

> side panel maximize mode:
>
> http://img294.imageshack.us/f/img294/3523/sbanshesidepanel.jpg
>

> Daniel.P

Peter Williams