Re: [Banshee-List] GSOC 2010! Party time!

Alex:

I've been waiting for this one for a long time!  Count me in for any testing or ???  that is needed.

-Gregg

On 05/03/2010 10:29 PM, Alex Launi wrote:
Hello Banshee community!

This is an introduction email, so allow me to introduce myself. My name (if you can't tell from the FROM: field) is Alex Launi. I'm the Banshee summer of code student for 2010. This summer I'll be hacking the hell out of Banshee to make the Now Playing source killer.

Since you're all familiar with Banshee already, I'll cut the guff and just give you the meat and potatoes of the project. Essentially I'll be combining the context pane and the now playing source so that the Now Playing source can display information from the context pane. When I'm finished you'll be able to view last.fm recommendations, lyrics, Wikipedia info, and more from the now playing source taking advantage of more screen real estate. There's a little bit more to it, but that's the meat and potatoes of it.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask! On irc you can find me as 'lamalex', or you can email/gchat me. I'm super excited to be working on this over the summer. I think it'll make Banshee even greater.

Make sure to thank alexk for mentoring and making this project possible!

I'll also be finishing up my work on udev, so expect some news on that front- although unrelated to gsoc.

--
-- Alex Launi