[Banshee-List] banshee starts song, then after 2 secs restarts song

Please help!
This is really irritating....

When Banshee is running in the background, each time it skips to the next
song in an album, it plays the first two seconds of the song, then repeats
the song from the beginning. I've been looking all over for similar
problems, and found another instance online, where the user's problem had to
do with ReplayGain being switched on and interfering with the sound. I
haven't got ReplayGain switched on, and it still does it... :(

I'm running Banshee ver 1.6.1 on Ubuntu 9.10

I'm also a bit of a newbie, so please have patience with me...?

Thank you!