[Banshee-List] Poor sound quality

Hey,

I just recently dualbooted Ubuntu 10.04 on my HP desktop. I am using Banshee
as my music manager. I have noticed a poor sound quality, especially during
intense (IE loud parts from movie soundtracks) songs. I am not blasting my
headphones, and have tried my speakers and directly plugging my headphones
into the computer. then i tried using Rhythmbox with a song i know Banshee
distorts. NO DISTORTION! I really don't want to reorganize all my music to
another player, and like banshee, so is there a fix for this? i can't stand
the distortion i get.

Thank you so much!