[Banshee-List] Samsung SGH-F310 not working with Banshee on openSuse 11.2

I installed Banshee-1 1.5.2-1.4 on my openSuse 11.2 system. Unfortunately the
problems I've had with my Samsung SGH-F310 since I started liking Banshee
(1.4.1, I think) still seem to be there:

- When the phone/player is connected in MTP mode and I then start Banshee,
my player is recognized but not the music folders on it. I have my songs
organised in an artist/album/tracks hierarchy.

- When the phone/player is connected in MTP mode with Banshee running,
Banshee freezes and my player crashes upon disconnecting it: it reports that
it is busy updating the database and continues to do so until I remove the
battery.

The annoying thing is that more limited MTP software is able to recognize
the folder hierarchy on my device. The mtp-tools (1.0.1-2.2 or thereabouts)
have no problem seeing them and the simple MTP transfer tool QLIX works
perfectly. Also Amarok used to work with the device on my old SUSE Linux
Enterprise Desktop 10 system.

Please tell me there is a simple thing that I am overlooking because I do
like Banshee.

Regards,
Henk