[Banshee-List] Installing Extensions for Banshee 1.5.3

I apologize if this is discussed somewhere else already but I've failed to
find anything. I was wondering if the process of manually installing
extensions has changed with banshee 1.5.3. I used to be able to manually
install them by copying them to ~/.config/banshee-1/addins, yet now it
doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there some other way to install them?

thanks