Re: [Banshee-List] anonymous usage data

please remove me from this list

On 12 February 2010 07:21, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
Hey all,

I've long wanted to instrument Banshee so we could get feedback on how
users use the app.  Assuming that it is opt-in and anonymous, what do
people think?

Here are some things that would be useful to capture:
* Which extensions are enabled
* How long/frequently Banshee is run
* Track counts for libraries, podcasts, radio, etc
* Total play count / skip count
* How many tracks are rated
* What file types
* What DAP models the user uses
* Version of Banshee, Mono, GStreamer, Gtk+
* What distro/OS

It could be useful to hook into the Gtk+ layer to find out how exactly
people use the app - what GtkActions they invoke (and ideally how -
main menu, context menu, keybinding).  Obviously there are thousands
of things that could be tracked by such an approach.

I'd want to work on this in a very transparent way, disclosing very
clearly what is being tracked, so that people can make an informed
decision about opting in.  Thoughts?

Gabriel