Re: [Banshee-List] sort my music by album

Dnia 2010-02-08, pon o godzinie 14:18 -0800, kapu pisze:

> i'm trying banshee for the first time and i'm wondering, if i can
> configure
> the browser in that way, that it doesn't show sampler albums many
> times. i
> think the reason is, that musik is sorted by artist and so the album
> is
> listed one time for each artist. i have quite many samplers, and so i
> usually browse my music not by artist, but by album.

I believe you're describing the 'Compilation' problem where one album
contains tracks by different artists.

Banshee handles that with the 'album-artist' tag, you can edit it
through right click > 'Modify track information'. Set the 'Album artist'
entry to something like 'Various Artists' (or anything else, it just
needs to be the same for the whole album).

This album will then be grouped by the value of this tag, not the Track
Artist one.

--
Cheers
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz