Re: [Banshee-List] Installing Banshee without an internet conection

Thanks.
I'll try that out.

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair gmail com> wrote:
On Friday 30,July,2010 02:12 PM, Sanchit Karve wrote:

> Greetings from a *nix n00b,
> I need to install Banshee on an Ubuntu 9.1 machine that has no internet
> connection.
> I was originally planning on downloading the Banshee binaries on a windows
> machine, copy it to a thumb drive and then install it onto the ubuntu
> machine from the portable drive.
>
> Unfortunately, the main webpage (http://banshee.fm) doesn't let me download
> the banshee package. Instead, it only provides information for downloading
> the application from the Ubuntu repository, which I can't do.
>
> Is there any way I can install Banshee without an internet connection?
> I can't afford to compile from source as well.

Yes, you can go to https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa/+packages,
click the little arrow on the left of the package you're looking for, and look
for the appropriate .deb file. Then you can download it, stick it in a
thumbdrive, and double click it on the target machine.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin