Re: [Banshee-List] ipod sincing?

I assume you're using Ubuntu Karmic, because that's the version in the
repository there.
There was a problem with hal, the system to recognize new devices, in
karmic (it's not used there anymore) so this was changed in a later
version of banshee.

You could try to use the banshee ppa to update your banshee version.
https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

There is the 1.6 Version in it. It should work nice with udev, the
replacement for hal.

Samuel