Re: [Banshee-List] Newbie Q part 2

DaLarry wrote:

> While I'm not a computer newbie I have all of 1 weeks experience with
> Linux.  Thanx to all the help here I finally got Banshee 1.6.0 installed
> on my Linux Mint box.  However, I've noticed that it always crashes when
> I'm tagging files.  How do I find out what's happening?  It just
> disappears with no error code or indication as to what the problem maybe.
> I discovered the "debug - System Log" but that'a a little overwhelming for
> someone new to Linux.  While searching the forum for an answer I found a
> post where someone had run Banshee in "debug mode"; how does one do that?

I figured out how to run Banshee from the terminal and started tagging again
until it disappeared.  The following is what appeared in the Terminal Window
on the crash:

dalarry dalarry-desktop ~ $ banshee
[Info  11:34:15.986] Running Banshee 1.6.0: [Ubuntu 9.10 (linux-gnu, i486) @
2010-04-02 04:36:33 UTC]

(/usr/lib/banshee-1/Banshee.exe:3505): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname()
called multiple times
[Info  11:34:18.004] All services are started 1.681867s
[Info  11:34:21.748] nereid Client Started
Marshaling activate signal
Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
  Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException to
handle the exception.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException:
Collection was modified;enumeration operation may not execute.
  at
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Banshee.Sources.Source].MoveNext
() [0x00000]
  at (wrapper static-rgctx-invoke)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1/Enumerator<Banshee.Sources.Source>:static_rgctx_invoke_bool__this__
()
  at Banshee.Gui.TrackActions.OnAddToPlaylistMenu (System.Object o,
System.EventArgs args) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke
(object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[]
parameters) [0x00000]
  at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
  at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args)
[0x00000]
  at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
  at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB (System.Object o, GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs
args) [0x00000]
  at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke (GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00000]
  at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback (IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr
return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr
invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data) [0x00000]
   at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(System.Exception e,
Boolean is_terminal)
   at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback(IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr
return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr
invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data)
   at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
   at Gtk.Application.Run()
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Run()
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup()
   at Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup(Hyena.Gui.StartupInvocationHandler
startup)
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup()
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup(System.String[] args)
   at Nereid.Client.Main(System.String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(System.Reflection.Assembly ,
System.String[] )
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssemblyInternal(System.Reflection.Assembly a,
System.String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(System.String assemblyFile,
System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity, System.String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(System.String assemblyFile)
   at Booter.Booter.BootClient(System.String clientName)
   at Booter.Booter.Main()
dalarry dalarry-desktop ~ $