Re: [Banshee-List] Installation Problems Banshee 1.6

Where have you installed Banshee from? "andsoon" sounds like it is from
someone's personal build service (and a bad build at that). I'd
recommend the Banshee OBS repo
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Banshee/openSUSE_11.2),
although I've been using the Banshee Alpha repo
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Banshee:/Alpha/openSUSE_11.2)
to get the latest RCs before 1.6 was released. To install from either of
those, just go to the openSUSE software search for Banshee
(http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.2&p=1&q=banshee-1),
find one of those two repo names and click the "one-click install" link
then follow the instructions.

The only ways I've had Banshee reject files in openSUSE is because a) I
forgot to install MP3 support through GStreamer (which presumably isn't
the problem here, since you had it running before) or b) PulseAudio had
decided to fail for some reason. Re-installing a version of Banshee that
puts the binary in /usr/bin and running "banshee-1 --debug" should
either fix the problem or give you some output as to what is happening.

Hopefully that helps,

IBBoard