[Banshee-List] Banshee wiped out my podcasts (sorta)

I hate to be that guy, so I'll try to keep the tone as reasonably positive as possible.

I have been using Amarok 1.5 for a while, but was looking to try something new to manage my ipod under ubuntu.  So I installed banshee 1.4.3 from the repos, and tried downloading a new episode of one of my podcasts.  The order of operations was this:

1) Start banshee.
2) Plug in my ipod (30GB ipod 5g)
3) Notice that banshee automatically found it.  Hooray!
4) Add http://escapepod.org/feed/ to my podcasts list, downloading the most recent episode.
5) Drag the downloaded episode to my ipod.
6) Right-click on the ipod, select "eject".
7) Go to my podcasts directory on the ipod, and... NOTHING.  All my existing podcasts are gone, my new one isn't there-- for all intents and purposes, my ipod thinks I have no podcasts.
8) BUT, when I start up banshee again, I notice that banshee thinks my ipod still has all my podcasts.
9) ??? Much wailing, gnashing of teeth, etc.

I'm afraid I'm pretty danged annoyed-- not so much that Banshee has convinced my ipod that it doesn't have any podcasts (though that does seem fairly rude), but why does banshee think I have them, and my ipod doesn't?  How can I convince them both to agree on one view or another of reality?  I don't much care *which* at this point; I just want them both to believe the same thing.

-=Eric