Re: [Banshee-List] Auto-Changing Unknown Artist and Album?

Hello again,

To make matters worse, I just re-synched my iPod to the tunes I just added and gave names to within Banshee. There were about 15 songs and 45 minutes of music, and Banshee dutifully told me what songs and artists it was copying (and converting) to my iPod; the feedback consisted of the information I had just entered for the CD, songs, artists, etc.

This took awhile so I assumed everything was okay. Well, the new songs made it to my iPod okay, but all under "Unknown Album > Unknown Artist" and the song names are "Track 1", "Track 2"... "Track 15".

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,
Larry

Larry wrote:
Hi,

I imported a CD that apparently did not contain meta-information about its name, songs, artists, etc.

After importing it, it was marked as "Unknown Artist" and "Unknown Album" in both Banshee and on my hard drive where all of my music files are stored.

In Banshee I filled in the album and song titles, artists, and genre information. I had hoped that that would correspondingly rename the music directory and files on my hard drive, but it did not. Is there any way to force this to happen?

My concern is that if I continue to import CDs without meta-information that my "Unknown Artist/Unknown Album" directory is going to fill up with hundreds of "01.Track 1.flac", "02.Track 2.flac", "03.Track 3.flac"... files which will be totally undecipherable to me.

Thanks,
Larry