Re: [Banshee-List] clutter 1.0

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 23:11 +0800, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> On Thursday 03,September,2009 10:52 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Sandy
> > Armstrong<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
> >> I was under the impression that the clutter stuff did not build by
> >> default, but I could be wrong.
> >>
> > Here's the build log for the RPM I'm using -- the patch only deals
> > with the .pc name change, it does not force-enable clutter or
> > anything. As you can see, clutter turns out to be enabled by default.
> >
> > http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/banshee/1.5.1/0.2.git20090831.fc12/data/logs/x86_64/build.log
> >
> > Still rather puzzled as to why the user interface stops responding
> > without clutter enabled. But there are some bizarre things in Rawhide
> > right now; we are seeing a couple of problems not seen in stable
> > releases with some other packages too.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> Ubuntu's Banshee daily packages aren't built with clutter support, but they
> appear to work fine anyway, just fyi.

Clutter seems to be enabled automagically : it is enabled if the proper
version is detected, and there's no way to disable it.
I guess this should be fixed. Would you mind filing a bug in
bugzilla.gnome.org for this ?

I'm pretty sure clutter will not be a requirement for 1.6. It's not
really used currently, at least not for anything visible.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>