[Banshee-List] 1G of memory just to play music?

I'm running banshee 1.5.0 on Ubuntu Jaunty and it's currently reported
by top:

 8210 brian     20   0  934m 462m 8040 S    1 16.7  92:18.25 banshee-1

Seriously.  1GB of virtual and 462MB(!) of real memory just to play
music?

Considering I can quit that banshee and start a new one and it only
costs me:

10453 brian     20   0  132m  69m  23m S    0  2.5   0:08.23 banshee-1

in memory, what's going on?  One could jump to the memory leak
conclusion but I would have thought (out of pure ignorance mind you)
that a programming environment like mono/.NET would have taken care of
those kinds of uglies.

Cheers,
b.