[Banshee-List] Library Metadata Storage

One of the options under Preferences allows you to "write metadata to files". If this option is not selected, then where is that data stored? Banshee remembers information for everything in its library, but that information has to be stored somewhere. If it's not in the files, then where is it? Let's say (hypothetically) I'm transfering everything to a new computer. I move over all my files, so I don't need to upload from CDs again, but for those files that were originally uploaded from CDs display "unknown artist" and "unknown album". That's a lot of files, and I don't want to go through and manually fix them all. How can I tell this banshee what the banshee of my old computer already knows?