[Banshee-List] SPDIF output hda-intel no sound

I am using Banshee-1 for Opensuse 11.2, and I do not get any output
using spdif to my avr. I have tested using gstreamer and I have stereo
sound which is what I expect.  But using Banshee I have no output or
anyway to change it in the options menu.  I mostly use Banshee for the
podcast features, as it is one of the few that does a good job with rss
feeds and keeping track of various podcasts.

I have also used Yast2, and kde settings to no avail, I am able to get
sound working with mplayer, vlc, and other players but banshee is the
one that for some reason I have not got it working.  I figured I would
post here first, then I would file a bug report if needed.

Rthoreau