Re: [Banshee-List] Moodbar extension

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 23:35, Bertrand Lorentz
<bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
> I had a quick look at your extension, and here are some comments :
>
> 1/ I had to mess around with Banshee.Moodbar/Banshee.Moodbar.csproj,
> because my MonoDevelop (version 2.0) wouldn't load it. Which version of
> MonoDevelop are you using ?
>
> 2/ Compilation gave me the two following errors :
> <path>/Banshee.Moodbar/Banshee.Moodbar/Moodbar.cs(69,30): error CS1501:
> No overload for method `Dispose' takes `0' arguments
> <path>/Banshee.Moodbar/Banshee.Moodbar/Moodbar.cs(111,26): error CS1501:
> No overload for method `Dispose' takes `0' arguments
>
> Those Dispose methods are called on a Cairo.ImageSurface.
> I have mono 2.4. Maybe a change in the API ?
> After commenting out those lines, compilation succeded.
>
> At this point, I realized I had to install the moodbar tool for it to
> work, but I didn't have time to go any further.
>
> I noticed the extension does the analysis by starting the moodbar in a
> new process. I've also read that there's a moodbar plugin for GStreamer.
> Do you think it would be possible to generate the "mood" data using only
> GStreamer ?
> Something similar to what is done in the Banshee.Bpm extension would be
> nice.
>

> If you need some space to host tarballs, or an issue tracker, I'd be
> happy to give you access to
> http://code.google.com/p/banshee-unofficial-plugins/
>
> Keep up the good work !
>
> --
> Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>

Thanks for the insight.
1) I'm using monodevelop from svn, so that'd be the source of your
problem... although I don't really know why that happen, .csproj
should be somehow "portable".

2) I'm gonna look up into that API difference, and try to figure it
out whether I should dispose ImageSurface or not.

3) I thought too about using only GStreamer, but gst-moodbar plugin
and moodbar binary are inside the same package in every distro I've
checked. So, for now, I don't see the need for duplicating the code.

Thanks for the hosting proposition but I'm gonna stick to github.

--
With regards,
Paweł 'X4lldux' Drygas