Re: [Banshee-List] Last.fm -- No network connection detected.

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 09:42 +0100, IBBoard wrote:
> Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:10 PM, BananaShe <bananashe sogetthis com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm new to Banshee and I already have a problem with it  %-|
> >>
> >> The Last.fm features does not function at all because
> >> it says that "No network connection [are] detected."
> >>
> >> How's that? :confused:
> >> I've no problem to surf the web, to ftp,
> >> to use Last.fm feats with Quod Libet...
> >
> > You probably have NetworkManager running but use other means to
> > manually connect to the network.
> >

> This sounds a bit like my problem as well, although I don't have
> NetworkManager installed at all:
>
> $ ps aux|grep NetworkManager
> ibboard   9938  0.0  0.0   5284   820 pts/2    S+   09:37   0:00 grep
> NetworkManager
> $ rpm -q NetworkManager
> package NetworkManager is not installed
> $
>
> As I said in a previous email, Banshee assumes that the lack of NM means
> there's a static connection (which there is), but it seems that the
> Last.fm/scrobbling plugin doesn't make that assumption. Banshee can pick
> up the network and download album art, but the plugin can't scrobble.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated (even if it is just "that's a bug,
> best to report it" rather than "that's a config issue, don't waste
> someone's time with a bug report")

The Last.fm extension uses the same code as the rest of banshee to
determine if there's a network connection (the
Banshee.Networking.Network class).

So what you're seeing looks like a bug, please file :
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

In this case, the output of running "banshee-1 --debug" would probably
be helpful.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>