Re: [Banshee-List] Artist Name

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Eef Hartman <E J M Hartman tudelft nl> wrote:
> Actually I always already removed the "The " prefix in the ID3 tags
> themselves, so the problem doesn't apply too much to me...

Musicbrainz (where Banshee gets its metadata from when ripping CDs)
already has a field (artist/sort-name) for that (and analogues
for album and track). There are  corresponding ID3 tags
(TSOP - Performer sort order, TSOA, ...).
But AFAICT Banshee currently lacks support on any level for these
(i.e. doesn't retrieve 'em from Musicbrainz, doesn't honor or
generate ID3 tags etc).

Cheers, Roderich