[Banshee-List] coordinating new updates once a patch has been applied (newbie git question)

A quick question if I may.

I have been using 'git pull' on the banshee 1.5.0 repository regularly
getting new updates and installing them.

Some time back, I applied a youtube patch to the banshee sources and
rebuilt it.

Now I am getting an error "configure.ac entry is out of date; cannot
merge" that is keeping me from applying new updates.

Do I have to reverse the patch, and then update & reapply, or
(hopefully) is there a better solution?

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.