Re: [Banshee-List] Hiding Folders from Library Scan?

I think that syncing to a smart playlist might work. That
would also have the advantage of being configurable on a per user and per
player basis that a filesystem flag would not be able to do.

Hiding the folder by renaming with a leading "." would not work for me
because it would also hide the folder from my other players. In addition,
the folder names (and file names) in my library have meaning that I wouldn't
want to alter. My structure is /music/%g/%a/%b(%y)/%n - %t

Now that I have been thinking about this for a while I would be specifically
looking for a gui that would allow me to include or exclude folders from the
library on a per folder basis.

/
   */music
         */rock_music
          /excluded_music
        */country_music
   */extra_music

But, as previously stated, I think syncing to a smart playlist would be a
workable solution. I will watch the bug you mentioned and I will be eagerly
awaiting Banshee 1.6.