Re: [Banshee-List] HTC Magic (Android)

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Gabriel Burt<gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM, rmottershead<rmotters hotmail com> wrote:
>>
>> I am waiting for delivery of a HTC Magic, which is a Google Android phone. I
>> will want to start transferring music to it.
>>
>> Will this phone work out of the box?
>> Should there be any configuration/problems I should look out for?
>
> To work best, we'll need the USB vendor/product ids for it.  The G1
> actually has two, one for when it's in USB debug mode (so if the Magic
> does too, getting both would be good).

Also, it should be really simple to add support to Banshee 1.4.x by
making a little addin.xml file, as described about half-way down this
blog post:

http://abock.org/2008/11/17/banshee-14-hits-the-streets-packed-with-awesome/

Once you get your HTC Magic, let us know if you need help finding the
USB vendor/product IDs or adding support to Banshee 1.4.x (if you
don't want to wait for built-in support in git).

Sandy