[Banshee-List] Banshee destroyed all my non-english tags

I am using banshee 1.4.3 and have an iPod classic 6th gen 160gb.
I have about 18k songs, and half of them are greek.

Ok now the SERIOUS problem:
I tried to use banshee with my ipod. It didn't see all my songs; only those
that were in a playlist.

Immediately after disconnecting my ipod I saw that banshee had deleted all
playlists that werent created by itunes (even those that were otg playlists
and that were afterwards edited with itunes, were deleted).
Now I've seen that all my tracks that had empty tags, now have a 'MPEG audio
file' tag, and ALL my greek songs  (9k) have empty tags.

Ok I suppose that this damned this has destroyed my iTunesDB, but is there
still any chance I can recover them?

TIA,
streamkid