[Banshee-List] Banshee, Sansa Clip, MTP?

I might be doing it wrong.

I was under the impression that Banshee just worked with MTP
compatible music players like the Sansa clip, but I'm having no end of
problems with it.  Should I change to MSC mode (I didn't think "Auto
Detect" was a good idea).  I have problems with Banshee freezing, the
Clip freezing, and being unable to reliably drag and drop songs onto
the Clip.  I've tried it with two different clips, and two different
computers both running Ubuntu 9.04 and Banshee 1.4 with the same
problems consistently.

1) I can't leave Banshee running all the time.  I have to start it by
plugging in the Clip, do whatever transfers I can, and eject the Clip
and then shut it down.  I can't just plug and unplug the Clip.

2) The majority of transfers fail with the message...

LIBMTP_Send_Track_From_File_Descriptor(): subcall to
LIBMTP_Send_File_From_File_Descriptor failed

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between what fails and what
succeeds (although it appears to be the same files failing all the
time).  All of my files are ogg vorbis, though.  The Clip has the
latest firmware (AFAIK: 01.01.29A).

Should I just set it to MSC and be done with it?
--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 gmail com