[Banshee-List] New user - help

I am a new user. My son gave me an iPod Nano (1st generation). I want to
put my some of my music CDs onto the iPod. I imported the music from the
CD to my PC and it came in as a .ogg. The Nano does not support .ogg. It
will support .MP3. How can I import my CDs into an MP3 format?

I use Ubunto. I'm on the latest release (Ubuntu 8.04 - the Hardy Heron).
Can anyone give me suggestions? It seems like I should be able to down
load my CDs into Banshee in whatever format I need, but I don't see how.