[Banshee-List] CD metadata update + freeze-up

I've previously reported problems with fetching CD metadata (on
1/10/09), and I just wanted to give a further update.  After ripping a
larger percentage of my CD collection, I can report that Banshee 1.4.1
times out on around 45% of the CDs I try to rip.  But, even with
individual CDs, it seems still to be a matter of probabilities: for one
CD, for example, I tried inserting and then ejecting the CD repeatedly,
and only on the fourth try did Banshee correctly fetch the metadata.  I
don't have the patience to continue much beyond that, to see if I can
break this record.

Also, as I mentioned before, sometimes Banshee fetches the album title
but never succeeds in fetching the track titles (nor returns a negative
result), and, in all cases, MusicBrainz Picard is able to fetch the
metadata.

One final thing:  Sometimes Banshee gets into a semi-frozen state, where
it is unable to eject CDs but is otherwise able to browse the music
library.  When I restart with --debug, I get:

  ** Running Mono with --debug   **
  [Debug 11:40:19.743] Bus.Session.RequestName
  ('org.bansheeproject.Banshee') replied with InQueue

  Unhandled Exception: System.Exception:
  org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply
  (timeout by message bus)

  Server stack trace:

  Exception rethrown at [0]:

  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke
  (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg,
  System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000]

Restarting DBus makes things worse and I have to reboot.

Todd Wilson