[Banshee-List] Attention Packagers!

I have just committed a very useful patch for packagers, hopefully this
will ease some of Bertrand's concerns.

Please set the --with-vendor-build-id flag in your build scripts. This
will result in the string and other build metadata being stored inside
Banshee's assemblies. This information is then printed at startup to the
command line or the log file.

Please read the commit message:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/banshee?view=revision&revision=4904

Ping me directly if you have any questions.

When users file bugs, this information can easily be acquired to assist
in solving problems. It'll be particularly useful in cases where
distributions are patching a particular release. For instance, we have
about 30 patches against 1.4.1 for SLED 11/openSUSE 11.1 online update.
We are not allowed to bump the version, so this information will be very
helpful as it will tell us that effectively the user is using 1.4.2.

1.4.2 is coming soon, we are hard at work on fixes and QA.

Cheers,
Aaron