[Banshee-List] Looking for temporary solution for "browse by Genre". Plugin to create auto-playlists maybe?

I've recently begun using Banshee as my sole music player --- replacing
Rhythmbox and Amarok. As is often pointed out, Banshee doesn't include a
panel for browsing by genre. This is a huge oversight almost to the point of
being laughable -- luckily, the rest of the app is very polished and makes
up for it.

I understand that this feature is planned for the future, but as a "patch"
would someone be willing to to create a small plugin that will automatically
creates smart-playlists for each genre in a user's library? All it would
need to do is generate a list of smart-playlists for each genre in the
library that just searches lists based on genre.

I have a feeling that this feature would be much appreciated by the
community and quiet at least a few of the detractors.