[Banshee-List] reach artist name as soon as start typing

> hello there
>
> when i try to type in artist column, it should reach to that name, but nothing happens. which means that to reach an artist name either one has to type in search, or scroll manually using mouse....which is really slow....
>
> please developers, look into this.....

Hi all

This has been posted on the list in December by cyneuron. I too think
that the behavior should be changed such that list in Banshee can be
searched by typing, analog to Nautilus etc. Even though I use keyboard
shortcuts often, they do not make much sense for a music player which
is usually running in the background and I never got used to them.
It's much more important that it integrates with system wide
shortcuts. So I'd suggest to either add a modifier to all shortcut
bindings or at least make it possible to switch between a 'normal and
a 'direct control' mode. I know there are scenarios where 'direct'
bindings make sense, like running Banshee in fullscreen in a
party-scenario. But hands up, who really uses Banshee this way? :)

Thanks

Yves