Re: [Banshee-List] Visualization patch

2009/2/10 Chris Howie <cdhowie gmail com>
Hey all,

Many of you are aware of the work I've done getting my fully managed
audio visualization framework embedded in Banshee.  I have a patch on
bugzilla that (hopefully) will be committed prior to the 1.6 release.
Nevertheless, you are free to try it out right now if you feel
comfortable building Banshee and two other libraries from source.

Directions are on the OpenVP wiki:
<http://code.google.com/p/openvisualizationplatform/wiki/TestingWithBanshee>

Screenshots that date from early OpenVP development through today:
<http://picasaweb.google.com/cdhowie/OpenVPScreenshots>

Maybe this would be a candidate for integration with "Now Playing", it seems to me that we have a problem where every plugin makes it own library entry. This could long term lead to degrading the clean Banshee interface and maybe we could give thought to where the right place to integrate would be. Mirage tends to suffer from the same issue (bug filed).

Aside that, I am happy to see your work has progressed this far and I look forward to a 1.6 release with this merged. Thank you for the hard work Chris.

- David