Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.4.2 and iPod sync - works manually, not automatically

egrigson wrote:

> I'm tearing my hair out trying to get iPod sync working on Ubuntu 8.04.
> I'd like to use Banshee (which seems to be the most complete player
> compared to Amarok, Songbird, Exaile and Rhythmbox) and I can get it to
> recognise the iPod OK (3rd gen nano) but only when I manually manage it.
> This means I have to remember to drag a playlist every time I connect the
> iPod.
>
> I'm able to tick the sync preferences to 'Automatically sync the device
> when plugged in or when the libraries change', but when I plug in the iPod
> nothing happens (bar the iPod showing up in the left tab) and when I eject
> the iPod there's no music on it. Could it be because I've got 8.2GB of
> music, but only an 8GB iPod?
>
> How can I troubleshoot this? Any suggestions?
>
> thanks for any help,
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed.

after installing Banshee and transferring all songs from my ipod to the
filesystem, i added a couple more albums to my Banshee library.  then i
synced the ipod and my ipod (through Banshee AND on the device itself when
uplugged) shows there are ZERO songs.  wtf?  please help  :)