Re: [Banshee-List] Video does not work

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:49 AM, way2bfree <peterjshepherd ilovejesus net>
> My video used to work in Banshee, in Jaunty Jackalope, but in Karmic, when
> try to play a video, Banshee just crashes.  Is anything being done to fix
> this?  I have a Dell Optiplex Desktop Computer.

This appears to be a pretty widespread problem.  There is a bug report here , but
since it is still unassigned, I'm not sure if any of the developers are
looking at it.  I think that this bug has something to do with compiz--I say
that because turning off compiz stops video from crashing.

Sent from the Banshee mailing list archive at