[Banshee-List] Extension delay with next track

Hi,

I'm working on an extension and am encountering a strange problem relating
to track skipping.

In my extension I have the following code:

Log.Information(command);
					switch(command)
					{
					case "playPause":
						ServiceManager.PlayerEngine.TogglePlaying();
						break;
					case "next":
						Log.Information("Doing...");
						ServiceManager.PlaybackController.Next();
						Log.Information("it.");
						break;
}

This produces the following output:

[Info  15:33:58.182] next
[Info  15:33:58.182] Doing...
[Info  15:34:02.510] it.

However, as can be seen from the time stamp, over 4 seconds elapsed between
the request to move to the next track and the action being taken. Am I doing
something wrong? This seems to sometimes take up to 7 seconds, which makes
the extension extremely sluggish and unresponsive.

Thanks,

Martin