[no subject]

Clicking on one of the buttons leads to the next step in the import process
where we refine the users selection.

"Import from this computer" leads to the next set of buttons: "Let me select
the folder with my music/videos" , Import videos from my Pictures/Photos
folder", "Import media from my Home folder". We either open the FileChooser
or do what is written on the button (look in Photos for videos etc).

"Import from your local network" leads to a list of DAAP shares (What else
is possible? Perhaps mounted network folders?).  The user clicks each one
(s)he wants to import and clicks the "Start importing" button in the lower
right. This closes the dialog and starts importing while showing the
progress in Banshee's job queue (the thingy in the lower left when
downloading or importing).

"Import from other media player" lead to a list of players Banshee
detected.  The user clicks each one (s)he wants to import and clicks the
"Start importing" button in the lower right. This closes the dialog and
starts importing while showing the progress in Banshee's job queue.

Should we reset to the first screen to allow the user to select another
source or simply close the dialog after the user has selected the import
source?

In the list view for DAAP shares and other media players how should we give
feedback to the user that the DAAP-share/media player is selected for
importing? I'm against check boxes. Perhaps two buttons next to each
DAAP-share/media player labeled "Import" and "Don't import" (the "Don't
import" should be greyed until the user selectes that particular source).

Everything should be inline (I think that's the word in English; change the
content of the window rather then open new ones) where possible since we
don't want to pester the user with a gazillion open windows.

If there is any interest for this I could create more mockups (at great
personal expense since I suck at GIMP).

Cheers.

[1]  http://imgur.com/7ajz3

--00151747362a74335f0479be7456

ont-size: 13px; border-collapse: collapse; "><div><span class=3D"Apple-styl=
e-span" style=3D"font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; border-co=
llapse: collapse; ">The first mail I sent didn&#39;t survive traversing the=
 internets=A0:P=A0. Hopefully this one fares better.</span></div>
The current dialog could use some love.<div>I&#39;m linking to my quick-and=
-dirty mockup [1]. Apologies for crappy GIMP-foo skillz and other issues.</=
n ways how to get media into Banshee.</div>
iv><div>&quot;Import from this computer&quot; leads to the next set of butt=
ons: &quot;Let me select the folder with my music/videos&quot; , Import vid=
eos from my Pictures/Photos folder&quot;, &quot;Import media from my Home f=
older&quot;. We either open the FileChooser or do what is written on the bu=
tton (look in Photos for videos etc).</div>
ist of DAAP shares (What else is possible? Perhaps mounted network folders?=
).=A0=A0The user clicks each one (s)he wants to import and clicks the &quot=
;Start importing&quot; button in the lower right. This closes the dialog an=
d starts importing while showing the progress in Banshee&#39;s job queue (t=
he thingy in the lower left when downloading or importing).</div>
st of players Banshee detected.=A0=A0The user clicks each one (s)he wants t=
o import and clicks the &quot;Start importing&quot; button in the lower rig=
ht. This closes the dialog and starts importing while showing the progress =
in Banshee&#39;s job queue.</div>
o select another source or simply close the dialog after the user has selec=
hares and other media players how should we give feedback to the user that =
the DAAP-share/media player is selected for importing? I&#39;m against=A0ch=
eck boxes. Perhaps two buttons next to each DAAP-share/media player labeled=
 &quot;Import&quot; and &quot;Don&#39;t import&quot; (the &quot;Don&#39;t i=
mport&quot; should be greyed until the user selectes that particular source=
).</div>
d in=A0English; change the content of the window rather then open new ones)=
 where possible since we don&#39;t want to pester the user with a gazillion=
 open windows.</div>
7ajz3">http://imgur.com/7ajz3</a></div>

--00151747362a74335f0479be7456--