[Banshee-List] Banshee plugin to sync loved tracks with Last.fm

Hi, I would like to write a plugin for Banshee that can synchronise your
loved tracks on Last.fm with your Banshee database, as I would like to be
able to play my Last.fm loved tracks that are in my music library. It would
rate all the loved songs with 5 stars locally, and perhaps it could sync in
the other direction to, with all 5 star rated songs being made loved tracks
on Last.fm.

Would this be possible with a Banshee plugin? Any help with where to start?
I've checked out the latest git and can build it fine in MonoDevelop, and
I've looked at the sample extension but am not sure how to go about it now.

Thanks.