[Banshee-List] Songs won't play

Hi gang, I'm new to Banshee and am having some problems.  I have an iPod with
a lot of music that I used to manage with iTunes on my old Apple iBook.
That machine died, so I got a Dell Mini running Ubuntu.  I downloaded
Banshee, which nicely copied the music off my iPod, complete with album art.
The problem is, the songs won't play.  If I double-click on a song title, it
turns bold, but never actually plays.  Please advise.  I'd really like to
not kiss all that music good-bye with my dead iBook...