Re: [Banshee-List] Version 1.6

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 10:26 -0500, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:02 AM, precipitous <precipitous media cox net> wrote:
> >
> > Now that the March 30 deadline has passed, has a new release date been set
> > for version 1.6? I am anxiously awaiting any new features it may contain...
>
> March 30 was never a "deadline" - it was a very rough estimate of when
> we thought we might get 1.6 out.  Unfortunately we're not quite ready
> for 1.6 yet.  It may be a couple months off yet.  But, I think we will
> have a 1.5.0 release much sooner.  The 1.5.x series of releases will
> be developer/beta releases preparing for a solid 1.6 stable release.
> The only thing really blocking a 1.5.0 release is setting up some
> performance tests to root out regressions.
>
> I'm glad you're looking forward to it, though!  If you want to test
> the many many changes that have already been made since 1.4.3 - and if
> you want to help get 1.6 out faster by fixing bugs - checkout the code
> from svn - http://banshee-project.org/download/development

Speaking of new features... I have one simple one to suggest, make sure
the OGG tagging for Album Artist will read the tags written by
Rhythmbox.  Banshee looks really nice, but I'm sure that many people
like me have hundreds of CD's ripped with Rhythmbox, and although I
agree after looking at the actual tags, Banshee is "more correct"... it
would still seem logical to allow people to switch to banshee without
having to re-tag or re-rip thousands of tracks.