[Banshee-List] iPod problem

I'm trying to sync my media library with my ipod.

I'm using the latest version of banshee (1.2.1), ubuntu 8.04 and have an
ipod classic (4th gen?)

When the i plug the ipod in, it mounts automatically, and shows up on my
desktop. it also shows up on the sidebar in bashee. however, when i click on
"media" under my ipod, a label near the bottom says "loading Ipod", but
nothing ever shows up. I waited for about 15 min with nothing ever
happening. I dont get any error message.

Amarok can view the ipod files and transfer files just fine.

anyone have any ideas? I just want to sync my music library with my ipod