Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee iPod Syncing and CD ripping

I fixed this issue today. To work around it in a released version, go to preferences, then the audio CD tab. Select an encoder that /is not/ the encoder that is selected already when you opened the dialog. If you actually wanted to use the encoder that was already selected, select it again. The key is just changing your selection a few times to force the setting to save.

For instance:

a) Open preferences, select Audio CD tab
b) See that the encoder is FLAC
c) Select MP3
b) Select FLAC
e) Close dialog, try ripping

That should be enough to work around the bug. Again, it's fixed in SVN trunk.

--Aaron

>>> Some user <sendspam mailinator com> 09/22/08 8:10 PM >>>

I am also getting the could not find an encoder for ripping error although
every variant of Gstreamer is installed.

-----
--
http://www.vic-fontaine.com/ http://www.vic-fontaine.com/