Re: [Banshee-List] Scanning External Media player really slow with current SVN (revision 4476)

Dnia 2008-09-10, śro o godzinie 11:05 -0700, David Spreen pisze:
> I was wondering about that earlier, is there a way to cache the
> contents
> of individual media players in a database? Perhaps, to prevent wasting
> disk-space it would have to be enabled for individual media players.

I have already mentioned that to Gabriel, he liked the idea. IMO there
should be a sqlite database file on the DAP itself.
Of course there's the subject of the database schema. I think that it
should be discussed with developers of as many open media players as
possible, so that the database could be reused. The additional advantage
of that would be that the db could be then used by the DAP player
itself, where possible. There's more and more DAPs using FOSS every day.
It would be great if my Canola (I know, not FOSS, but it's supposed to
be, at some point) wouldn't have to update its database every time it
starts.
I'm sure you all know that there's an opportunity to speed things up for
a lot of us.

--
Michal Sawicz <michal sawicz net>