Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee & Samba?

L.S.,

By switching to openSUSE, I was also presented with Banshee as a default
media player, after using rhythmbox in Ubuntu for a while.  I really like
Banshee, but not being able to directly use the smb:// url is kind of
annoying.  Mounting the samba share first is an option, but I don't want to
do that when I'm at a customer's site.  The rhythmbox solution is a nice way
around that -- when at a customer, it doesn't find the share and you can
just start it to play from a cd / usb stick and once you get home it
'automagically' finds the media on the share.

Is there any way we can add this to Banshee?

Regards,

Gert

joeuser wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New to Banshee, wanted to give it a try.
>
> How can I import a folder from a samba-share? (without having it mounted
> in fstab). I have all my music on a NAS device.
>
> I can only pick local files or folders.
>
> For example I am using so far Rhythmbox and my music location is simply
> "smb://server/music" and it works fine. Any way to do this in Banshee?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Cheers
> Joe
>
> PS. I am using Ubuntu 8.04.