Re: [Banshee-List] PHP scripting

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 16:22 -0800, c.alan.zoppa wrote:
> I'm attempting to build a banshee web interface, but I'm getting a
> permissions error. I'm assuming I need to add www-data to one group or
> another, but I'm too paranoid to do this blindly.
>
> Here's the error:
>
> [Warn 19:19:48.732] DBus support could not be started. Disabling for this
> session. [Info 19:19:48.749] Running Banshee 1.2.1

I don't _think_ this is going to be a permissions issue.  DBus gets its
bus address from an environment variable which is set by a daemon that
starts with a user's session - DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS.  Your webserver
is unlikely to have that variable set in its environment!  If you get
that hooked up, you may still need to wrangle with user-policy on the
dbus daemon - the system may well be set up so that only the user
running the session bus can post messages to it.

Are you aware of the (kinda) existing banshee web service[1]?

[1] http://joeshaw.org/banshee-web/