Re: [Banshee-List] "Cannot search for CD metadata"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Christopher S. Jones
<chris userzero com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just installed Banshee on Debian Sid. I like it very much, but it
> doesn't recognize song title or album/band name for store-bought cds.
> I'm assuming it fetches the info from the Web since it complains "Cannot
> search for CD metadata: there is no available internet connection." I've
> tested my connection successfully several times (I'm writing this from
> the same computer). Amarok and Rhythymbox both return song, band, album
> and cover art. Anyone else run into this?

I think Banshee talks to NetworkManager over DBus to check whether
there's an internet connection before trying to download metadata. It
sounds like the problem's there.

--
Michael Hutchinson
http://mjhutchinson.com