Re: [Banshee-List] banshee r3492 - in trunk/banshee: .src/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.Collectionsrc/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.Sourcessrc/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui.Widgets

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Alex Hixon <hixon alexander mediati org> wrote:
>  I do agree that it seems a bit verbose, but I'd rather verbose than
>  time measurements that require me to do a bit of math each time I want
>  to work out how long my playlist is. Also, your example about filesize
>  isn't /that/ valid since you only ever really need rough measurements
>  for filesize, and you don't work out length that way (if that makes
>  sense).

The only use case where you'd need to know the exact total time of a
set of songs is also a use case for knowing the exact file size.  That
is: creating a playlist to burn to an audio cd (need a certain time)
or to burn to a data disc, put on a dap, etc (need specific file
size).  And since there's potentially transcoding involved, even
having it be precise in the status bar wouldn't necessarily help you.

Gabriel