Re: [Banshee-List] Help with Banshee & D-Bus.

2008/3/18 Grant Murphy <grantcmurphy gmail com>:
> I would like to implement a bit of a hack to get banshee to pause/play when
> lock/unlock my screen. I am thinking I should be able to do this using the
> d-bus pretty easily..however have not been able to find out much info
> regarding how to work with dbus & banshee..If I listen to all signals
> emitted by the org.gnome.Banshee interface and play / pause (etc) tracks I
> don't seem be getting anything:
<snip>
> So I guess my question is what signal to I send to the Banshee interface to
> get the player to pause / play ?

Hi Grant,

Are you using the latest code from trunk (or 1.0 Alpha 1)?  This is
our latest release, but it is still under very active development, and
probably just doesn't yet have the DBus methods/events you need.  You
should be able to use d-feet or dbus-explorer to see what we are
currently exposing.  Please file bugs for methods we should have but
don't.

Good luck,

Gabriel

http://www.ndesk.org/DBusExplorer