[Banshee-List] Building an external plugin with 0.98.1

Hi,

As I'd like to enjoy the greatness of the new banshee AND wake up in the
morning, I'm trying to port the alarm plugin
(http://code.google.com/p/banshee-unofficial-plugins/) to the new code
base.

This leads to several questions :

- Should it be called a "plugin" or an "extension" ? Just a detail.

- Am I too impatient ? It might be better to wait until things settle
down on the trunk.

- The "libs" stuff was removed from the pkg-config file (now
banshee-1.pc) just before the release. "pkg-config --libs banshee-1" now
gives nothing.
Is this on purpose ? That would mean I have to find another way to get
to the banshee libraries (or wait, see previous question). Doing auto*
stuff is not a fun way to spend Easter week-end... ;)

Cheers,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>