Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee-1 fails to start on Fedora9

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 07:24 -0700, Sp3nc3r wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I was excited to hear that Banshee has finally reached 1.0 status, so I
> thought I would install it.  I have a vanilla Fedora 9 system and installed
> in installed banshee using 'yum install banshee'.
>
> When it installed, I try starting using
>   banshee-1 --debug-sql
> and I get the output:
>
>   <snip loads of output>
>   [Debug 14:27:22.022] Exception executing command:
>                 INSERT INTO CorePlaylists (PlaylistID, Name, SortColumn,
> SortType)
>                     SELECT * FROM Playlists
>

> Unhandled Exception: Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteSyntaxException: 2 values
> for 4 columns

What was the last version of banshee you used before 1.0 ?

It looks like you have a database from a very old version (before 0.11.2
which came out in october 2006), and banshee 1.0 is not able to migrate
the data from it.

If you don't care about losing the data in it, you can remove this old
database file "banshee.db" which should be in "~/.config/banshee" or
"~/.banshee".

Regards,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>